Categories:

Northbrook Lady Raiders beat Sealy ranked #529 in TX, at the Needville Volleyball Tourney!

On Thursday August 29 2024, Northbrook’s varsity volleyball team left Spring Branch early in the morning to drive an hour away to go play a volleyball tournament at Needville High school.

“It may be scary and intimidating at first, but don’t let it get in your head, play your game,” coming from Valery Perez, sophomore volleyball player.

At this tournament there were amazing and outstanding teams that were invited to the tournament, such as top 600 or higher ranked schools.

“At first it was intimidating playing against really high ranked teams,” according to Valery Perez. Once, the Northbrook Lady Raiders arrived at Needville High School, they quickly got ready to play their first match against a great team, Paetow High School.

The score board wasn’t so lovely, but right after their tough match, the Lady Raiders played against Sealy High School, in which are ranked number 529 in Texas. At first, the team felt intimidated, but the Lady Raiders didn’t let their ranking affect their playing. So, the Lady Raiders gave Sealy a difficult time and ended up beating the high ranked Sealy by winning 2 sets back-to-back.

All the girls were so excited and hyped after “cooking” a high ranked volleyball team. Everybody did a great job playing their roles and positions, and the Lady Raiders left the tournament very overwhelmed with happiness, joy, and excitement from their great victory against Sealy, knowing they played extremely well and knowing that Sealy felt embarrassed and disappointed from losing against a low ranked volleyball team.

An inspirational quote, “It’s not how big you are but how big you play,” coming from Northbrook volleyball coach, Christopher Kelly.

Donate to Raider Nation Chronicle
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northbrook High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.