The Student News Site of Northbrook High School

Raider Nation Chronicle

Raider Nation Chronicle

Raider Nation Chronicle

Finding One’s Wow in Writing

Teacher Interview with Ms. Costanzo
Photo from @raiderswhoarereaders instagram page
Meghan Donnelley and Rae Costanzo showing off their passion for reading during twin day.

This article is a part of a series of Teacher Spotlight articles that highlight educators here at Northbrook High School who strive to improve their classrooms daily.

What are some of your hobbies?

“Some of my hobbies are Reading and baking.”

Do you have any hidden talents?

“Well knitting if that counts and I can fold my tongue in half.”

Do you have a favorite band/genre of music?

“Coldplay, but their old music because their music was just it back then, well they still are but I like their old music better.”

What is your favorite thing in the whole world? ”Rosalia, my kid. I’m happy that she came into my life. She’s the best blessing that has come into my life.”

What made you want to be an English teacher?

“I really like helping people and working with kids and because I had a really hard time reading and writing when I was young, I decided that I wanted to be there for kids and for them to depend on me if they struggled”. This is Ms.Costanzo and she’s an english teacher that had a really hard time in school when she was little and now she wants to help people that also struggles in english class.

What do you love most about your job?

“I love seeing kids finding their wow in writing like it clicks for them”. If you weren’t going to be an English teacher what would you have been? ”I would have been a book editor because I love reading and just sitting around and reading authors books and then giving them feedback. I just love it”. What is one of your biggest fears? “Umm ….losing close loved ones”

Do you have something that you love/ precious to you? “ A cartoon drawing of my grandfather because he passed away. When he passed away we went around his house to get what we wanted to keep and I stumbled across a cartoon of him and I decided to keep it.” 

Even after having trouble reading and writing in school she was able to become a good english teacher and help students that struggle in english class. That shows even if you have a hard time, keep trying and then help others that also struggle like I did.